Designations & Certifications
The National Association of REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils provide a wide-range of programs and services that assist members in increasing skills, proficiency, and knowledge. Designations and certifications acknowledging experience and expertise in various real estate sectors are awarded by NAR and each affiliated group upon completion of required courses.
Accredited Buyer’s Representative / ABR®
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home-buying process
CSSN (Certified Short Sale Negotiator)
Focused on the short sale process and the different negotiation techniques required to successfully negotiate a short sale.
The negotiating skills acquired include:
- How to ensure your Seller receives the expert advice necessary to determine that a short sale is the proper course of action
- How to understand the short sale process from pre-qualifying the seller to closing the transaction with the banks and buyer
- How to plan for the following negotiations in the short sale:
- Listing Agent with Seller
- Listing Agent with Buyer’s Agent / Buyer
- Buyer’s Agent with Listing Agent / Seller
- Listing Agent with Seller’s lien holders (e.g. banks, mortgage insurance, etc